I am unabashedly a smoothie addict. I have a smoothie for breakfast six days a week and am sad on the seventh without it. Unlike a breakfast of just juice, a well-planned smoothie is packed with protein and healthy fats, in addition to leafy greens and low-glycemic berries for healthy carbohydrates. This combination of ingredients also provides an enormous amount of vitamins and minerals for beautifully glowing skin and clean energy. Below is my current favorite recipe!
MEGA MORNING SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other unsweetened dairy milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup packed organic raw greens (I’ve been using chard, kale + spinach)
- 1/2 cup organic low-glycemic frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, cherries)
- 1 tbsp freshly ground almond butter
- 1 tbsp organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 2 tbsp grassfed collagen (hydrolysate) powder
- 1 pitted date
Put the milk into a high-speed blender, then add the powdered ingredients, then the greens and berries. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until smooth.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!