Your skin is the most visible part of your personality. When you have acne, scars, discoloration or signs of aging, often you lose confidence in yourself. That is when taking care of your skin becomes the most important task in your life.
When it comes to skin pigmentation, discoloration or other types of blemishes, dermatologists swear by the powerful effects of glycolic acid. So, going for the best glycolic acid cream seems to be the easiest way out.
However, since glycolic acid is a strong ingredient, you need to be careful about the usage. That is why, the next section of this article gives a good amount of information to help you pick the right product for your face.
Glycolic acid and skin type
Glycolic acid is a part of the AHA (Alpha-hydroxy acid) family. Since it has a small molecular structure it penetrates easily into the skin. As a result, it is one of the most effective exfoliants. On top of that, it simultaneously moisturizes the skin too. If you hate chemical peels or strong exfoliators, then a glycolic acid-based cream is the right choice for you. But you must be careful about your skin type before opting for a glycolic acid-based cream.
- For dry and mature skin: Glycolic acid is highly effective since it exfoliates and moisturizes the skin.
- For oily and acne-prone: Look for ingredients such as salicylic acid, in addition to glycolic acid or some other ingredients that deal with acne specifically.
- For sensitive skin: Look for creams that are approved for sensitive skin since glycolic acid alone can be a bit strong.
Once you are aware of the properties of your skin type, it will be easy for you to choose a cream from the next section.
Best Glycolic Acid Cream in 2023
Glycolix Elite Glycolic Acid Facial Cream
For those who are keen on the magnificent benefits of Glycolic acid, this facial cream gives you one of the most potent formulas. It is a blend of ultra-pure crystalline glycolic acid and antioxidants. A mix of green tea, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E forms the antioxidant rich part of the cream.
Moreover, it has different products varying in the strength of glycolic acid. You can choose between 10%, 15% and 20% concentrate depending upon your usage.
The cream helps you with a deep exfoliation of the skin, leaving it smooth and brighter than before. Plus, it doesn’t look greasy, but leaves a matte finish on your skin.
- Can be used in the day and/or night
- The cream has a pH-4 formula
- Specially formulated for acne prone, dry, normal, keratosis pilaris and aging skin
- Hard to define any
Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Acid Cream
With a 10% concentrate of glycolic acid, this cream is another great product for you. The glycolic acid infused in the cream is sourced from sugar cane and active AHA. The cream easily penetrates into the skin and helps it recover from the signs of aging whether it is fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration or any other kind of skin blemish. It further helps in decreasing the chances of acne and heals the left-over acne marks on the skin.
- A special formula for acne-prone skin and suitable for all skin types
- The cream is formulated without Phthalates, Sulfates, Mineral Oil, Petroleum and Paraben
- Can be used in the day (with sunscreen) and/or night
- Patch test is recommended before use
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
Alpha Skin Care Essential Renewal Cream
Another 10% concentrate of glycolic acid, derived from AHA and sugarcane. With pH-4 formula, it is on an acidic side. The blend however, is a powerful source of collagen that helps the aging skin recover from fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots etc.
For those with oily or breakout prone skin can go for Alpha Skin Essential Renewal gel rather than this cream.
- Formulated for dry to normal skin type
- Can be used in the morning (with sunscreen) and/or evening
- The product is devoid of parabens, fragrances, etc.
- Not recommended for acne prone or oily skin
- Patch test is recommended before use
10% Glycolic Acid Anti-Aging Wrinkle Face & Neck Cream by Touch
This glycolic acid can be used even under your makeup. That is because it is oil-free and won’t let you look greasy. Moreover, the lightweight formula absorbs easily into the skin, leaving no residue behind.
A 10% concentrate of glycolic acid, it also has the benefits of squalane, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E. These ingredients help to exfoliate and moisturize the skin. Overall, the cream has a pH level of 3.5 that actively works in reducing acne, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation and bumpy skin.
- Formulated for all skin types-acne prone, combination, dry, oily and normal skin types
- An oil-free and non-comedogenic formula
- Formulated without alcohol, paraben, phthalates, dyes or sulfates
- A cruelty free formula made in FDA and GMP compliant facilities.
- Hard to find any
Glycolic Acid Cream by TOULON
A unique blend of lactic acid, glycolic acid and jojoba oil, this cream serves to exfoliate and moisturize your skin. Other key ingredients include rose-hip oil, grapeseed oil, vitamin c and green tea, adding the necessary number of antioxidants.
The cream is ideal to treat clogged pores, breakouts, aging skin, decreasing skin pores and several other forms of skin imperfections.
- Can be used in the morning and/or evening (For normal to oily), for sensitive skin apply at night.
- Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin, acne prone, mature and oily
- A vegan and cruelty free product made in an FDA certified facility
- A product is formulated without gluten, fragrance, parabens, or harsh chemicals
- None found so far
Mederma AG Moisturizing Face Cream – with hyaluronic acid for moisture and glycolic acid
If a clinical formula is what you trust, then this glycolic acid cream by Mederma, is a great choice for you. If you have excessively dry or sun-damaged skin, then this cream infused with glycolic and hyaluronic acid will help moisturize your skin and make it look hydrated and healthy. Also, it will cure the skin of signs of aging.
- Specially formulated for dry skin types
- The product is devoid of artificial fragrance, soap and perfumes
- The gentle formula can be used for sensitive skin types
- A hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and dermatologically-tested formula
- Hard to find any
Crepey Skin Treatment by AVIENSE NATURAL SKIN
Specially targeting the signs of aging, this cream has a powerful concoction of collagen, hyaluronic acid and glycolic acid. It helps firm, tighten and repair the aging skin.
The multiple oil blends including almond, olive, coconut and avocado helps nourish the aged skin and make it look younger.
Not only a face cream, can be used on the neck, chest, legs, elbow and arms.
- Special formula for combination skin, Suitable for all skin types
- A hypoallergenic, natural and cruelty free formula
- The product is free from parabens and synthetic ingredients
- Hard to find any
Glytone Rejuvenating Cream with 20 Free Acid Value Glycolic Acid
Formulated with glycolic acid, lactic acid and vitamin c, this cream serves the great purpose of rejuvenating and moisturizing the skin. It has a 20 PFAV (trademark) formula that is a potent quality of glycolic acid. The product helps you get rid of acne, hyperpigmentation, uneven texture and several other skin related problems.
- A special formula for dry and normal skin, can be used by all skin types
- A non-comedogenic and fragrance-free product
- Suitable for morning application
- Increased sensitivity to the sun
Caudalie Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Overnight Cream
This glycolic acid-based cream works overnight to help your skin recover from blemishes. Whether you have dark spots, acne, aging skin or discoloration, this cream heals the skin while you sleep. Along with glycolic acid, the cream also has Papaya extract, olive squalane, shea butter and vine sap viniferine that exfoliate the skin and improves your complexion.
- Suitable for night application
- Fit to be used by oily, combination, dry and normal skin types
- A gentle formula for sensitive skin
- None so far
L’Oreal Paris Skin Care Revitalift Bright Reveal Anti-Aging Day Cream
This brilliant product seeks to improve upon the one problem almost every glycolic acid-based cream has, that is sensitivity to the sun. That is why, Loreal with its trusted expertise has brought in a glycolic acid-based cream that can be applied without any fear of sunburn since it already has a sunscreen formula infused in the cream. The SPF-30 formula leaves no room for sensitivity to the sun. While a nourishing blend of glycolic acid, vitamin c and pro-retinol takes care of the dark spots, wrinkles, acne marks and signs of skin aging.
- Suitable for acne-prone and mature skin
- Suitable for day application
- None so far
Glycolic Acid Cream by Life Essentials skin care
For renewing the aging skin, considering using this cream with a 10% concentrate of glycolic acid along with lactic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and peptides. Along with curing the signs of aging, this cream also helps to moisturize, brighten and clear the skin. Hence, it is suitable for acne, dark spots, wrinkles, discoloration, hyperpigmentation and several other skin problems.
- A special formula for combination skin, can be used by all skin types, even sensitive skin
- Can be used in the morning and evening (for normal to oily skin), for sensitive skin application at night is recommended
- A vegan and organic product
- A cruelty free formula, made in an FDA certified lab
- Increases skin’s sensitivity to the sun
ACURE Resurfacing Overnight Glycolic Treatment
A unique blend of true unicorn root, moonstone, lactic and glycolic acid. This cream served the purpose of rejuvenating the skin and improving skin texture overnight. Regular usage will give you a brighter complexion and a smooth glass skin.
- 100% vegan and cruelty free formula
- The product is formulated without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, formaldehyde etc.
- Fit for overnight application
- Fit to be used by all skin types
- May cause tingling sensation when using for the first time
A Glycolic acid-based cream is a 2-in-1 cream that serves the purpose of exfoliation and moisturization. But a suitable concoction that fits your skin type, is the way to go. Otherwise, you can harm your skin rather than doing any good.