The shine—we can’t resist it. It’s an instant pick-me-up, putting the glow in gorgeous when we look in the mirror. And we’re not the only ones who love the luster of the best metallic eyeshadows.
No, you won’t see reviews of matte shades here, nor any satin or frosted shadows. Today is all about eye-catching chromes and audacious metallics. Check out our top picks below:
|The best metallic eyeshadows||Why we love them|
|NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cosmic Metals Eyeshadow Palette||
|Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter And Glow Liquid Eye Shadow||
|HAUS LABORATORIES By Lady Gaga: GLAM ATTACK LIQUID EYESHADOW||
|Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Compact||
|L'Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Metallics||
|Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette||
|Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Eyeshadow||
|Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palette - Must Have Metallics||
|Almay Velvet Foil Cream Shadow||
- Best Metallic Eyeshadows in 2022
- NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cosmic Metals Eyeshadow Palette
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow
- HAUS LABORATORIES By Lady Gaga: GLAM ATTACK LIQUID EYESHADOW
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Compact
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Metallics
- Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette
- Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Eyeshadow
- Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palette – Must Have Metallics
- Almay Velvet Foil Cream Shadow
Best Metallic Eyeshadows in 2022
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Cosmic Metals Eyeshadow Palette
Let’s begin with the best drugstore metallic eyeshadow palette. It’s pretty laid-back for this type of shadow as all the colors are technically neutrals. If you want bold metallics, scroll down to the next option.
But if you’d like a versatile selection of shimmery metals that you can wear to work or out on the town, stop right here. It’s an inexpensive collection with colors that look great on anyone.
There are six shades with mauve, plum, and gold tones. (They match the Cosmic Metals lip cream colors). They are pigmented enough that you don’t need eyelid primer, but they will stay bright all day long if you use it.
Also, extra layers are optional because the shadow is highly pigmented. Of course, as with any powder eyeshadow, you’re likely to have a little bit of fallout, so tap your brush on the back of your hand to remove excess before applying.
The compact has no accompanying mirror or brush – you’ll need to provide those.
- Six neutral shades of highly-pigmented powder shadow
- Gold, plum, and mauve tones
- Shimmery enough for a night out, but dignified enough for a workday
- Long-lasting, especially on top of eyelid primer
- No mirror or brush included
Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Liquid Eye Shadow
Ah, liquid eyeshadow, how we love thee. Described as metallics, these are much more glittery and gorgeous then tame powder shadows. If you’re into sparkly, pause here. The hardest decision is not whether you should buy one, but which color to get first.
All seven shades are water-based and lightweight, but long-wearing and deliciously pigmented. Here are the options: Bronzed Bell (bronze with silver and copper sparkle), Gold Goddess (antique gold with silver glimmers), Rose Gold Retro (rose gold with silver), Kitten Karma (champagne with copper and silver), Molten Midnight (black with silver and gold), Smoky Storm (pewter with silver), and Smoldering Satin (tan with silver).
We like the applicator because it has flat sides that deliver just enough eyeshadow per eyelid. The liquid blends easily with virtually no fallout from only one coat. It dries pretty fast, so you need a steady, quick hand. It’s also a good idea to look down or keep your eyes shut until it’s fully dry to avoid creasing.
The color lasts all day and washes off with a face cleanser and water – no need for makeup remover. However, by the end of the day, you may notice a little bit of glitter here and there on your cheeks.
- Gorgeous selection of sparkly metallics
- Gold, silver, copper, and bronze tones
- Rich pigmentation with only one coat
- Liquid eye shadow that washes off easily – no need for makeup remover
- Long-lasting with virtually no fallout
- Bits of glitter may migrate to the cheeks by the end of the day
HAUS LABORATORIES By Lady Gaga: GLAM ATTACK LIQUID EYESHADOW
Amongst all the shimmer shadows, you’ll find four metallic colors here including Gunmetal and Chains. They don’t glisten as the frosty shimmer colors do, but they look luxurious. Each shade goes on smooth and won’t crease or smear once it dries.
Here are the two tricks to using liquid eyeshadow successfully. First, shake it. Then, let it dry to perfection with your eye shut and your brow up. It takes a minute, but it’s worth the wait.
Just so you know, one coat is sheer. To achieve a bold look, you’ll need two or three layers. Thankfully, the little doe-foot applicator keeps the lines neat.
- Crease-proof and smear-proof liquid eyeshadow in four metallic shades
- Starts sheer, but buildable to a bold look
- Doe-foot applicator for precision lines
- Remember to shake the tube before applying
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Compact
Have you ever had an eyeshadow that never failed to attract attention? If you love compliments like that, you need to try these colors.
The full Urban Decay collection includes matte, satin, duochrome, glitter, and metallic finishes in twenty-five colors. We selected Psych, a warm green metallic with tiny flecks of gold. It’s rated for twelve hours of fade-free wear and that’s no lie.
These brilliant metallics shine bright on their own, but they also blend perfectly with other shades. We also love how they feel like velvet – yes, they can be applied with a finger. (Still, they blend easier with the brush). What’s more, if you’re feeling artsy, the shadow can be used wet or dry.
To get even longer wear time, use a primer underneath.
- Velvety powder metallics, glitters, and duochrome shades
- Super blendable, can be applied wet or dry
- Up to twelve-hour wear time
- These are individual little compacts with no mirrors or brushes
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Eyeshadow Metallics
Aluminum foil for our eyes? Yes, please. L’Oreal’s metallic shadow is velvety soft, yet bright and foiled at the same time. It’s very highly pigmented and will last a long time – not just on your eyes, but also in the compact. It’s money well spent.
There are five metallic shades total, all of which are opaque and thick. They are excellent for lighting up the inner eye corners, gleaming lids, and highlighting the brow bones.
How can a powder shadow feel so creamy? We checked the label and saw that the base ingredient is rice bran oil, good nutrition for the skin.
- Richly pigmented and creamy metallic eyeshadow in five shades
- Opaque and long-lasting, just a little goes a long way
- We wish all the colors came in one palette
Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette
Speaking of palettes, this one has sixteen metallic gold-infused shades. That’s right, each color has tiny golden sparkles. Oh, and did we mention that this eyeshadow smells like chocolate? Must be due to the cocoa in the formula. No wonder the box looks like a chocolate bar!
As soon as we opened it, we knew we were in trouble. The colors are a delight to the eyes and the scent made our mouths water. We could see our reflection drooling in the mirrored lid.
Each shimmery shadow goes on smoothly and plays well with others. Most of the colors are earth-toned or neutral, but there are forest green and delectable plum shades, too. All are highly pigmented but not cakey.
- Palette of sixteen gold-infused metallics
- Highly pigmented shimmery shades that smell like cocoa
- Wide assortment of earth tones and neutrals with forest green and plum
- Cute packaging with a large mirror in the lid
- Try not to lick the eyeshadow – it’s a temptation
Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Eyeshadow
What about chrome eyeshadow? Maybelline’s got that covered. These liquid shades are saturated with intense metallic pigment. You’ll feel it if you touch the liquid with your finger – it’s chunky.
The claim is that they last up to twenty-four hours, but let’s be honest. You can only expect that kind of wear time if you put on primer first. Still, you should get a good day’s (or night’s) worth out of these bold colors.
Moreover, the ten colors are downright brilliant. You’re not limited to Bronze Sheen or Silver Spark, you can also get Electric Emerald, Gilded Rose, and Bold Sapphire. There’s literally something for everyone.
The tube has a doe-foot applicator with an angled tip. It’s easy to use, but the eyeshadow dries quickly, so do only one eye at a time. Once it sets, it doesn’t smudge.
- Ten chrome colors in stunning metallic shades including blue, green, and rose
- Quick-drying and smudge-resistant with up to twenty-four hour wear
- Doe-foot applicator for precise application
- Intensely pigmented but washable
- At this price, you may want to buy them all
Milani Everyday Eyes Eyeshadow Palette – Must Have Metallics
What could make that smoky eye even more gorgeous? Metallic eyeshadow! This palette offers one matte charcoal shade and a selection of warm and neutral metallics. There are six colors in total, and some of them aren’t just eyeshadow. You could use them for highlighting, too.
What’s also nice is that the compact comes with a dual-ended brush. One tip applies and the other blends. Or you could just make sure you use different ends for dark and light shades.
In any case, Milani can show you how to coordinate the colors for stunning results. Users are impressed with how affordable, pigmented, and easy to blend these shades are. They like the compact size as well.
- Six colors – five metallics and one matte
- Affordable, blendable, and well-pigmented
- Some shades double as highlighter
- Palette comes with a dual-ended brush
- We wanted a sparkly black shade, too
Almay Velvet Foil Cream Shadow
Have you ever tried metallic cream eyeshadow? Almay packages these shades in tubes that look like they might contain paint. That’s not far off considering how intense these colors are. Designed to last up to twenty-four hours, they don’t fade, smudge, or crease. Nope, no fallout, either.
There are a dozen foiled colors covering all the basic metals plus blues and purples. And yes, there is a Silver Lining. You can easily apply any of them with a brush or fingertip.
Users say just a little bit goes a long way. Plus, those with mature skin love how the colors don’t settle into lines.
Something else you should know is that this is hypoallergenic eyeshadow that’s been tested by ophthalmologists for sensitive eyes and people with contact lenses.
- Hypoallergenic cream eyeshadow, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- A dozen foiled shades including gold, silver, blues, and purples
- Ultra-long-wearing, up to twenty-four hours without smudging, fading, or creasing
- No fallout, can be applied with brush or fingertip
- Is it really a con if you can’t decide whether you should buy all the colors are just start with one?
Life’s short and should be enjoyed to the maximum. Don’t let anyone tell you what to wear. Get your favorite shades of metallic eyeshadow and shine on.
We hope our reviews helped you choose your new favorite shadows today. Tell us more about your experience with them in the comments below.